FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Must-have function for RTA!!!
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
Vicx

Must-have function for RTA!!!  Reply with quote  

The biggest problem in CoN was that you cant save characters on a memory card, you HAVE to save them in with a save game file. This is really annoying. The only rpg with with good character save system is Gauntlet Legends.

In Gauntlet Legends, my friends could join and leave with their own characters anytime, in that game you can go into any game and just load your character from the memory card. To get to higher levels, you need to have a specifc amount of these special items, thats EXACTLY how RTA should be.

Its stupid having to share a save game file WITH the characters.. There should be 2 types of save files.. one to save the game level, and the other just for characters, let each character have their own file, so they can be transferred to other memory cards.

RTA needs to learn from Gauntlet Legends. I don't care what changes are made, this is already a good game, but this is the only flaw that NEEDS to be fixed!
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:16 am
Shifty Geezer

A separate character option would make a lot of sense for copying over, but with a character per save for every save game, that would be a lot of files.

Dunno how it'd work out.

Shifty Geezer
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:31 am
Vicx

it wouldn't be that many files, and it doesn't matter if there is anyway. There could be an option to save characters seperately, or save them with the save game file. Whatever they do I hope they don't keep it the same as CoN/BG
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:11 pm