FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Buy it, Snowblind!
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Brendon

Buy it, Snowblind!  Reply with quote  

Since Interplay is sellling off its properties, why not buy the Dark Alliance franchise? No one can do with it what you guys have. Vivendi would likely try to find a good dev, but don't let Atari pick it up. They'll go get some D&D Heroes-style talent to make the next DA and completely ruin everything.

C'mon, just scrape up the funds and buy it already! Wink
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:05 pm
Shifty Geezer

Re: Buy it, Snowblind!  Reply with quote  

Nice idea, but I'm going to suggest doing just the opposite. Drop Forgotten Realms, ditch EverQuest, and set about developing a new realm specific to your (and our) requirements, populated with new and excitingly different characters, races, and mythology.

Shifty Geezer
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:52 pm
Brendon

Shifty, you're supposed to be working with me here. Wink
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:28 pm
PretzNChz

I would be surprised if anyone could even buy the Dark Alliance franchise and have it stay in the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Atari owns all things Dungeons and Dragons, so a DnD-based Dark Alliance game would end up being published by Atari. I'm not sure if there's any reason why Snowblind couldn't develop a game for Atari, though Smile Unless they have some exclusivity deal going with Sony Online Entertainment, which is possible.

If a new Dark Alliance game could be set in the DnD universe, I'm all for it. If a new Dark Alliance game means a whole new setting, though, I'm with Shifty and say ditch the whole Dark Alliance name and start something new.

Heck, I'd love to see Snowblind evolve their dungeon crawling into something a little bit more action/platform oriented. Maybe similar to Ratchet & Clank, but with the same deep RPG elements we've seen in Snowblind's dungeon crawlers. Sort of like a Rachet & Clank/Drakan: The Ancients' Gates/Champions of Norrath hybrid. Now that would be awesome Mr. Green

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:51 pm
Shifty Geezer

That's true. Wasn't last talk at Interplay about DA3 not being in Forgotten Realms because the licensing had been lost? Atari alone hold that license now AFAIK. And I've been very disappointed with Atari on a number of counts and wouldn't like to see SB hang out with that crowd!

Shifty Geezer
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:49 pm