Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
What new character types would u like to see?? eh?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
fireicedarklight

What new character types would u like to see?? eh?  Reply with quote  

What new character types would u like to see? other then the new 2 iksar and vah shir, what characters would make u want to play RTA even more? have fun discussing.
ur man
{FiRe}
Our site-www.freewebs.com/fadwyer
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:49 pm
Caen Furyfist

Monks  Reply with quote  

I would like to see a human monk. It would rock, plain and simple. a melee combat artist who could duel weild from level 1, using all blunt weapons, skill of feign death, and mend among others.

GIVE US MONKS PLEASE, I BEG YOU, I LOVE THE GAME, BUT I WANT A MONK!!!
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:03 am
Liggur

Gnome Mage, little guy with BIG pet! Also have better pet controls, like Guard, attack, follow etc.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:52 pm
Caen Furyfist

I wish  Reply with quote  

Yeah that would rock as well, but from what I heard, Snowblind wont make short characters, they made the dorf in BG:DA, but apparently short people are tempermental and they want to make anymore....

However I think your gnome mage is an excellent idea, much better then a beserker.
Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:16 pm
TornadoError404

As far as characters go I say put the Trolls in there......but come on to put any new or old characters in the game I think Snow's first priorety should be to work on the story more.....I'm an original Everquest fan have been since they put it on the ps2...... if your familiar with the online game at all you would know that the woodland elves and the dark elves hate each other....and there's no explanation as to why the player selectable dark elves are even in the woodlands.....another suggestion a little off topic I think instead of having to play the same game with the same story three times they should make the game where you start off for instance if your a Barbarian you start off in Halas and lwt's say you get a not or letter of whatever from the Elf King or whatever and you have to travel from Halas to the woodlands that sets the story and then after you completed enough of the intro it unlocks the game even more....you import your character to that setting play through and beat innorruk or whoever the bad guy is and then there's a finally section which should or could tie the two games together if by some chance they make a sequel.......I was really disappointed in this game honestly I spent a large portion of Eq life in Freeport crafting weapons and befriending alot of people and I just feel cheated...I didn't feel like I was in Norrath at all I felt more like this was the Third Dark Alliance game then an Everquest game....I think you should be able to craft weapons and I think you should be able to bank....and you I want more freedom in a world like Norrath I want to get attached to my character that's why the FF games are so popular but FFx2 sucked and I want Snow to rise up and give Squaresoft some hellacious competiton....anyone who plays Eq online knows there was a war brewing between FFx online players and The Evercrackheads. So if your gonna put Everquests name on a game then you need to push the limits a lot farther and deliver one hell of a game to the masses out there who have never played Eq online and are religiously stuck on Ffx.... I'm not about to see EQ loose to FF online or offline.
There's so much that could be done with a game like this and your not doing it.....so yes I do feel cheated.....
I think if you guys are serious about doing a decent offline Eq game its going to take more than one disk. And so what if it is a 5 or 6 disk set I would buy 'em.
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:45 am
Shifty Geezer

I thikn your disappointment lies more with SOE than SB. Snowblind wanted to make a sequel to Dark Alliance, then SOE took them upto use the EQ brand. But it's not an adventure game or MMPORG or anything like and I don't know that SB want to make such a game(?).

The EQ name was realy just a bit of Sony branding. Without it I never would have heard of EQ, so it's probably a good move by them, but EQ fans run the risk of being disappointed.

I guess you'll be more interested in EQ2

Shifty Geezer
Post Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:08 am
TornadoError404

I love online games but when it comes to dial up lag is such a huge problem that until I can afford broadband I think I'll waver on purchasing anymore games that are soly for online play....That's one of the main reasons why I purchased NOC... A question though....I remeber reading somewhere that gamers were going to be able to import the characters from Dark Alliance 1 into Dark Alliance 2 but the function or ability to do so never made it into the game itself....just curious as to how they are going to be able program NOC 2 with that function also if they do accomplish that will our Level 60 or whatever lvl character we import from the first game to the second game start all over at lvl 1?
Here's a few suggestions as far as Creatures that they could use for playable characters

Ogres
Trolls
Monk Pandas (Refer to the art section of Blizzard.com for a pretty kool example)
Vampire Necromancer, shadowknight or Warlock
Metal or Rock Gollums
Dwarves
etc.

Suggestion of creatures to slaughter
Treants (Boss)
Minotaurs
Dragons
Drakes
Griffons
Centaurs
Banshees
etc.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:43 am
Shifty Geezer

Maybe import of characer into DA2 from DA1 was an eraly idea, but if so it was dropped quickly for the five new chars. CON:RTA shouldn't have any trouble with import as their preserving the same feats; just adding a few more, so expect to be able to use all that level50 armour you collected!!

BTW : Is armour going to be fixed/overhauled in RTA? At present high AC seems to make no difference to how much damage you take, same as DA1. Adding damage reduction like DA2 would be very good.

Shifty Geezer
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:41 am
TornadoError404

Wow and here I thought I would get alot of feed back as far as the idea for the Panda Monk.....{sigh} oh well
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:00 am