Register Profile PM's Login/Out
1vs2
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > BG: Dark Alliance General Discussion

Author Thread
BaldursMate

1vs2  Reply with quote  

I'm just gonna ask right out.
Which do you think is the best, BG: DA 1 or 2?
Post Mon May 31, 2004 8:50 pm
fireicedarklight

1vs2  Reply with quote  

2 is better but there better then CON
Our site-www.freewebs.com/fadwyer
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:12 am
Billy

I have to say 1 simply because I played that one forever! I still enjoyed number 2, but 1 left memories.
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:46 pm
Shifty Geezer

I think DA1 was overall a better game, taking into account it's release date as well as overall polish. DA2 was playable (completed it with all five characters) but lacked 'class'.

Shifty Geezer
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:29 pm
PretzNChz

When it was released, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance was the most impressive PS2 game I had played. It blew away everything else visually and two player co-op couldn't be beat. I played through the game several times over, both solo and with my wife.

Dark Alliance 2, on the other hand, felt pretty average overall. I'm sure that was partly due to the fact that it didn't really stand out from everything else released at the time. Didn't even finish playing through the game as I kept getting distracted by other titles (mainly Champions of Norrath). I've tried going back a few times, but just haven't found it very compelling. I'd actually rather go back and replay the original Dark Alliance. I guess it is so similar to the original that I'd rather just play the original instead Smile

Now, it may be that I just didn't enjoy playing the monk as a solo character. Still, I haven't found the desire to go back and try a different character. Too many other games to play now, and BG:DA 2 doesn't have enough to draw me back.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:38 pm
Sprach

1 vs 2  Reply with quote  

I like the original one better. It was, or is, a very polished game, and a lot of fun to play as well. It was the 3rd PS2 game I bought and I'm not sure how many times I've played thru it.

DA2 doesn't seem to be as polished, or as much fun to play. In fact some of the levels I thought were just a burden to slog thru, and couldn't wait to get over them. Maybe they were going for a 'darker' look in their backgrounds, but I thought they were just drearier.

I know there's a bunch of Fallout fans out there, but I never played the previous versions and I considered Fallout to be DA in a action, sci-fi universe. I liked Fallout and thought it to be a lot of fun. I'll probably replay it.

So to sum it up, I'll probably replay (in order): CoN, DA, Fallout, Drakan:TAG then DA2.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:16 am