FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
only a few forum people left....
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Dave

only a few forum people left....  Reply with quote  

i think it is very sad that they have taken so long to release this game that we have pretty much exhasted everyhting to talk about on the forum.

updates and new threads are rare Sad
it is what i use to pass the time....Sad

obviously US people dont visit too much as they have the game, but UK and similar still are waiting.

Do people feel that the anticipation for this game has grown over the months or are there others (like me) who still want the game but find it hard to keep the excitement going for 6 months
Post Wed May 26, 2004 9:15 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Don't know what's up with the European release. I'd be frustrated as well but i can say it's definately worth the wait. It's a great game even with the bugs that may or may not be fixed for your release.

I'm focusing a lot of my attention on the sequel right now trying to dig up information that no one seems to care about. Hopefully during the summer this board will take off again.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 9:49 am
Dave

i am trying hard not to build it up too much as it will then not meet my expectations.

i am expecting any bugs to be fixed and a 2 disk release when it happens.

hopefully there will not be as big a gap in release dates when CON2 comes out meaning that we wont have to wait as long between the release of CON1 and CON2 Smile
Post Wed May 26, 2004 10:00 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

If Snowblind or Sony is smart, they will fix all the bugs found in the US version. I assume that the sequel release will go much smoother. You figure with the first one, they have to find a publisher and all that garbage.

I had very little expectations when getting CON. You've heard all the hype and reviews by now and all of them have been positive in some way. I don't think you'll be let down at all no matter how high your expectations are. Enjoy...
Post Wed May 26, 2004 10:41 am
PretzNChz

If you've been reading these forums for awhile, odds are you have a good feel for what the game is like. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Many people who did not like the game expected it to be more like other dungeon crawlers that they had played; these people expected one thing and got another, so they were disappointed.

Myself, I think Champions of Norrath is great fun, even though it does have some issues. Thankfully I've hit almost no bugs. In fact, my first playthrough was virtually glitch-free, only having the game hang once during a loading screen which was easily remidied by ejecting and re-inserting the disc. I'm now playing through again with my wife and a friend of ours, and we're having a great time. We had the game lock-up on us once, but no major loss.

Internet forums are generally slow in the spring and summer months, so I wouldn't expect too much activity around here anyway. Things will pick up come fall, especially with the pending release of Return to Arms. Mindcircus, I look forward to whatever information you can dig up Smile I've been too busy lately to do much digging myself.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Wed May 26, 2004 2:54 pm
Dave

being worth the wait is still quite different from being excited for the release.

i am still looking forward to it, but i just feel drained of all anticipation.
it will probably start building again once the release date starts getting closer.

i will be making use of the mulit tap with family too which should improve the fun immensely.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:58 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

At least now you guys have a set release date which the 25th of next month right?

Hey PretzNChz, check the Return To Arms forum and you'll find my postings. I'll post any other info that i come across since i find myself constantly digging for it. Hopefully the E3 trailer from GameInformer.com will start working cause it's very nice indeed with an obvious, at least to me, improvment in graphics.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 7:41 pm