Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
HELP - how does a wizard imporove damage inflicted?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Dave

HELP - how does a wizard imporove damage inflicted?  Reply with quote  

i know that intelligence makes magic regen faster, clarity makes casting use less magic...but what stat is it that increases the damage the spells do.
is it just with levelling up?
it seems whenever a melee char needs to inflict more damage, they buy a bigger / better weapon, but as a wizard cannot purchase wepaons as such, what is the best way to increase damage inflicted?
Post Tue May 18, 2004 7:57 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

The only way to improve the damage of the wizards' spells is to level up the skill. A level 2 firestorm will inflict more damage than a level 1.

The skills to level up for the wizard are fire storm, ice storm, fire flares and concentration. None of these spells seem all that great at first but at high levels they are essential for your survival. Shock of frost is also a pretty good one if you find shooting projeectiles useful. This is a game though so do yourself a favor and have fun experimenting with all the skills but make sure the skills i listed get to level 20.

Remember you can stack the damage so launching like 4 fire storms at one time will deal damage equal to 4 fire storms. Boost intelligence and the concentration skill and you'll never complain about mana ever again.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:23 am
Dave

so if you invest your points to max out 1 skill as soon as you can, for example fire storm, you will never be able to get the fire storm any more powerfull once filled up?
melee chars can add strength to inflict more damage so it just seems a little unfair to me.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 11:28 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Trust me, once you have a level 20 fire storm you won't think it's unfair. Just make sure you have lots of intelligence via stat points and gems. Maybe some mana bonus' or regen also thrown in there. Boost the concentration up to 20 and ice storm up to 20 also.

The wizard isn't regarded as one of the strongest characters in the game for no reason.

I guess the only way to make more damage is to be able to launch it more times before having to use a mana potion. I know my level 48 wizard, i can use a good 5 fire storms before i needed to use a potion.

Enjoy...
Post Tue May 18, 2004 10:39 pm
Darkbackward

Unfair for warriors!  Reply with quote  

I think it is unfair for warriors not having our spells! I always make sure to wear the best armor, use the best weapons, and imbue everything I see for more resists and damage. WE can use weapons and armors, but they can't use our magic.

Case in point, I have 5 points in frost spell, 2 in concentration, and 2 in blunt, I'm doing along nicely I waste my mana on baddies then kill them with my star and repeat. Also remember with bigger creatues like bosses and bears you can get them stuck trying to kill you, just keep shooting at the stuck beast and let your mana regen, its a good way to get past certain areas.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 9:46 pm