FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Easily kill everything within seconds online
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Technical Issues

Author Thread
Silver Dragon

Easily kill everything within seconds online  Reply with quote  

Just press block and attack together as fast as you can. Its the only online strategy youll ever have to use for any situation. You kill everything within seconds, youll always hit, and you can do it at any level. What a great technique, huh Snowblind? Mad
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:02 am
Imp Head
Snowblind Studios

It certainly is! Thanks for sharing Silver Dragon. I'll move this one over to the "Tips and Tricks" forum.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:21 am
Silver Dragon

I was being sarcastic. The game is broken and needs to be recalled.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:24 am
Imp Head
Snowblind Studios

I'm sorry. I misinterpreted your tone. I'll move this to the "Technical Issues" forum instead.

Also, please feel free to share your findings on the official Champions of Norrath forums.

Furthermore, please note that we are hard at work looking into each and every issue that you and your fellow Champions of Norrath players report. Thanks for taking the time to bring said bugs to our attention! Carry on.

Last edited by Imp Head on Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:33 am
Silver Dragon

Hiding from your problems isn't going to make them go away.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:35 am
jsslifelike

I am so SICK AND TIRED of everyone having to be so damn concerned about cheating. God, it makes me absolutely ill. Granted I havent poured the hours into CoN yet like most have, but so far I have even THOUGHT about duping or glitching anything. I've seen people that are level 120 and talk about their skills above level 20. No one would even have to worry about these issues if these cheatin' sissies would play an honest game therein keeping the integrity of it. I'd love to see some of these kids of the "instant gratication" generation have to play a legit game from a number of years ago with a controller having one or two buttons. They'd be so frustrated they'd be looking for a "gameshark" on Ebay...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:39 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Silver Dragon

I'm saying that this bug makes playing online completely pointless. I'm trying to let people know about it, so Snowblind might fix it
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Dagg

If you dont use it its not an issue.....
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:07 pm
Joe Blow

quote:
Originally posted by Dagg
If you dont use it its not an issue.....

Good point except what happens when your online partners use it? They get all the bonus XP, getting seven kills for every one of yours. That's why this is the worst bug - it effects you even if you don't play. All the other cheats - unlimited gold, getting the best equipment, etc- didn't matter much because they still had to level up the old fashioned way to get the benefits of their stuff. With the speed attack hack, that is now not the case.

They can wipe out the whole map of enemies while you lumber around slashing the regular way. With them killing all enemies worth fighting and taking all the bonus XP, what is left to do online when all the challenge is COMPLETELY gone whether you decide to cheat or not?
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:53 pm
Dagg

Easy boot them from your game (if your the host) or simply quit and join another game.

Find people on these and the various other CON forums who play straight its not that hard to do. I just happen to have 4 buddies I play with that I know. We all play straight, cheating takes ALL the fun out of the game.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:22 pm
PretzNChz

If you have concerns about this, I would recommend bringing the issue up directly with Sony Online Entertainment. You can contact them either through the official Champions of Norrath forums or by contacting Sony Online Entertainment support.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Meepo

Sooo....

What's the purpose of even having a technical issues forum then? Wouldn't it be best to just shut this place down?

Oh, and Gamestop (if you bought it there) DOES accept open returns if you explain the situation, just FYI. I get to lay maybe an hour every few nights, so that time is important to me. When I discovered I had to trash my game because I didn't do the kitten quest in Act II in the proper order (GRR) I was furious. It might not be a big deal to those who play daily for 2-3 hours or more, but to me it was unforgivable.

Now I'm glad I did. This issue is NOT a cheat. This is a flaw in the game design, nothing else. And people will exploit the living crap out of it. I expect to see CoN in the bargain bins in the next few months...

Game was returned. My money is back in my pocket looking for a new home. Nuff said.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:56 pm
PretzNChz

quote:
Originally posted by Meepo
What's the purpose of even having a technical issues forum then? Wouldn't it be best to just shut this place down?

Keep in mind that Sony Online Entertainment worked on the online portion of Champions of Norrath. They would probably be in the best position to address issues regarding online play.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:04 pm
Meepo

I don't play online. I don't even have an adapter. Isimply have no interest in it. I bought this game for offline multiplayer with my wife and friends.

Seeing as online and offline are identical, it would surprise me a whole lot if this was an "online" issue only.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
btutterrow

quote:
Seeing as online and offline are identical, it would surprise me a whole lot if this was an "online" issue only.

This issue is an online issue only. The fast-attack thingie does not work offline.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:12 pm