FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Make your next game Xbox-only
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Snowblind General Feedback & Suggestions

Author Thread
Soupy

Make your next game Xbox-only  Reply with quote  

Snowblinds, you should definately consider making a nice Action-RPG (or just a regular RPG) for Xbox. Take advantage of its power, and online capabilites.

If it was online with 8 or 10 people, it'd be a hit seller. PS2 is becoming out-dated, and the Champions of Norrath graphics are as good as its going to get with the PS2. If you switch to xbox you have a lot to work with, and a great Online base.

Its more fun, with the X Smile
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:29 pm
Pureone

Heh, typical x-box fanboy.

You are obvously blind, why the heck do you think that they put it on the ps2? I'll answer that, because the ps2 sells 2 to 3 times more systems than the xbox has any given month. Even the gamecube has been selling more than 'the x'.

And yes there have been games that have had better graphics than CoN.

Also the current online setup for the ps2 is doing alot better than the xbox one. I'm not a fanboy either, trust me I have both systems.

Don't worry, the xbox will get at least 1 good rpg soon... Fable... i can't wait.
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:25 pm
Krilik

You do know that CoN was produced by Sony Entertainment Online right?

It all depends on the producer. So... talk to Interplay... or whomever will produce Snowblind's next game...
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:23 am
Silver Dragon

The PS2 simply can't handle the game. Its a soddy piece of garbage that cant run the game for five minutes without crashing or failing to load the graphics in.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:25 am
Twang

Fable is going to be amazing, too bad i don't have an Xbox... Danny Elfman is doing the music and he is a really good composer, he did the Nightmare before Christmas songs, and the Simpsons theme, and spiderman, and the tales from the crypt song, and batman's theme.... And every single Tim Burton movie (aside from Ed Wood).

Also about Xbox's Sales, it is the worst selling system aside from the
N-gage. I don't have the exact numbers anymore, but i know that PS2 solds something like 4 times as many consoles as Xbox last year, and Gcube 3 times more, and GBA almost 6 times as many console sales.

But this year Xbox is getting alot of good games, which im sure will improve the sales greatly. Steel Battalion: Line of Contact, Rallisport Challenge 2, an online RPG that uses cell shading called True Fantasy Live Online, Breakdown, FABLE, Republic Commando, Phantom Dust, Psychonauts, Jade Empire, DoA online, The only console to recieve Doom 3, Halo 2 AND Half-life 2.

In other words, Xbox actually get close to PS2 in sales this year.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:22 pm
Krilik

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Dragon
The PS2 simply can't handle the game. Its a soddy piece of garbage that cant run the game for five minutes without crashing or failing to load the graphics in.

Weird, mine works.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:40 pm
Pureone

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Dragon

Yeah strange how a piece of crap like that has killed all the other consoles by so much.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:51 am
-Natas-

There is nothing wrong with the PS2. Most of the problem is the fact the game was put on a dual layer DVD from what I understand. I am very happy with my PS2. I also have a Gamecube and Xbox but only one is covered in dust from lack of use. Guess which one....here's a hint it's big, black and green, and has no really sweet games on it. That's right....Xbox. I'm not a fanboy of any system, I go where the games that interest me are. That is why PS2 gets most of the playtime as it has tons of games on it I like. GC has some games that I think is cool also like PSO Ep. I&II, metroid prime, starfox, animal crossing, viewful joe, just to name a few. Xbox does not really have nothing cool to me so I do not play it. Crimson skies was ok but I beat it already and PSO EP.I&II requires a Live account (even to play offline) which I cancelled so that is why I went to the GC version. Anyway, getting off topic here so I will shut up now. Cool
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:33 am
Enomolee77

Ok, here we go.

My system is better than yours!!

Mine is better than yours!!

Mine sold more!!

Mine has better graphics!!

This sounds like when my friends and I would argue over who had the coolest toy. Come on folks, ps2 had rockin games, xbox has superior capabilities. Both systems rock. I guess I have an advantage owning both systems, but really. Do we need to have a stone fight over whose system is better? BTW, i agree that Snowblind should consider making a game for xbox, I personally love my xbox and if it werent for champions of norrath i don't think my playstation2 would get any use. For all those who think that ps2 and xbox are comparable please.. PLEASE play GTA games on both systems and then tell me that. Happy gaming, on whatever platform floats your boat.

-Less Than Jake
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:35 am
Karn

Yea this whole "my console is better than yours" thing is getting really annoying. Just think about what you are arguing about: A VIDEOGAME SYSTEM! You guys need to get out more...
~Zidd- Wood Elf lvl 26~
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:54 pm
Arragon

Personally I would pick ps2 everytime,
One of th emain reasons is control systems, the very few x-box games I have played has been annoying. You needed to use your 2 hands and your m8s 2 hands all at the same time to get something to work.
Sure ps2 control system ain perfect but heaps better I would say.
X-Box Is big,daft and too bulky for my setup where as ps2 slid in nicely on top of my dvd player.
I will watch the RPGS comming out for X-Brick....err X-Box and if there is any fantstc ones I shall buy X-brick too
Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:28 pm
dratkin

Xbox vs PS2  Reply with quote  

I have been a big fan of the playstation since the original.
I really think things are going south for sony though.
I mean really they should have come out with a PS3 to compete
with the Xbox when it came out. Most games these days have to be scaled back to even work on the PS2. Don't you guys know that sony is only milking you guys for money???? Sony's games are not even very good lately. I think there are STILL more good games for the PS1 than for the PS2. Sad. I don't know what the next batch of consoles have up their sleeves but the Xbox is definitely king right now.
Oh and just my two cents worth. I think that D&D Heroes is the real king of the action RPG category for consoles. That game is a lot of fun. Especially if you have 4 people playing it together. I love Co-Op play.
Well, that's my 2 cents worth.
Laterz,
Danny
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:49 am
Shifty Geezer

I'm very pleased Snowblind have concentrated their considerable talent on the PS2, and in part am curious why. After all it is by far the most difficult console to code for. But I think that is it's appeal for talented coders. The PS2 offers many tricks and clever workarounds to push the developers, offering low-level coding which is quite a rarity these days.

For those that say PS2 isn't up to it, I point to CoN and GT4. These games are as good as it gets in terms of current generation gameplay and graphics on any console. If you compare games across platforms such as GTA, you run into the situation of untalented coders writing for a difficult console; people who use DirectX who then can't get their heads around the complexities of writing their own routines. These people don't know how to get the best out of PS2, eople who don't know how to use the twin Vector Processing Units for example, or how to make sure the 16 pipelines are all working at full whack.

The game Dungeons and Dragons:Heroes was being written for PS2 and Xbox, before, adfter delays, being announced as XB only. There was much complaint and discussion on the Atari forum, where the XB fanboys suggested DnD was too much for the PS2 to handle. When the game eventually arrived it was quite apparent this was NOT the case!

You cannot judge the quality of the hardware by the software running on it unless you can be sure the games are the best possible for the system. If you compare the the best achieved on PS2 with the best of XB, you won't see a great deal (if any) of difference in quality.

Shifty Geezer
Post Sun May 30, 2004 6:00 pm
dratkin

D&D Heroes  Reply with quote  

Get your facts right shifty. This game never made it to the PS2.
Also it is the only game in this genre to have a truely scaleable view.
I can't believe you people are saying there are no good games on the X-Box. Morrowind is the best RPG out there anywhere right now.
Like I said in my last post I am a long time Playstation fan.
I am telling you guys. Sony is going to really mess things up for themselves. Just wait and see. As far as sales go do you even realize that every month Sony's Game sales are declineing and X-box's sales are skyrocketing. Yes sony is still ahead but that is changing fast.
Lastly I think X-box live is going to change the game world.
Like I said just wait and see. I give it two years and sony and nintendo will be competing for second place.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 4:53 am