Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Are spells and feats going to be rebalanced?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
Shifty Geezer

Are spells and feats going to be rebalanced?  Reply with quote  

Is RTA going to keep them same spell damages etc. from CON, or can we see some tweaking to better balance the characters such as improving the SK's Harm Touch and downscaling the Critical Aura feat?

Also with the increased character max level am I right in guessing the spells and feats will extended to say 30 ranks. If not, there's not going to be much character development at all > level 50. By level 50 I've generally maxxed out everything I want to in a character and the rest of the feats tend to be redundant. Just putting points into them without ever needing to use them becuase they're they only unfilled feats seems a terrible shortcoming in an RPG.

Shifty Geezer
Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:31 pm
Sectus

Yeah, some skill rebalancing would be great. And I'll bet Snowblind has increased the rank limit for skills, otherwise there'd be just way too many skills points to waste. For instance, in CoN you get 6 skills points per level once you're beyond level 47, and I doubt they've changed this. So in RtA you'll definitely get at least 6 skill points per level through levels 51-80. This means at least 170 skill points extra from those levels, that's a lot! So I expect the limit to have been increased with 10 or 20, otherwise you'd have to max out every skill, and that wouldn't be as fun.

Would be nice to hear someone from Snowblind explain how it works... *lurks around the Snowblind offices for someone to kidnap*
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:14 am
choge
Snowblind Studios

We *are* doing some adjustments to skill effects and skill costs. And yes, we do listen to people's suggestions (but not for much longer - the project schedule is soon coming to an end!).
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:36 am
Sectus

Good to hear! So the project's very close to it's ending, eh? Isn't the game's release date February or something... does that mean about 3 months of beta testing? ._. If that doesn't kill all the bugs then nothing can Neutral
Post Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:23 pm