FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Monks
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
Caen Furyfist

Monks  Reply with quote  

As I said in the other thread, I was hoping they had monks in the CoN, but they didnt, however I loved the game, and I am hoping they add a monk class, the berserker aint that great, and the monk is a staple of RPGs.

Melee class, duel weild from level one, weilds blunt weapons or fists or knuckles, has feign death skill at level 8, mend at level 10, self haste and attack buff at level 30, stuff like that.....

Monks should be put in the game....
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:07 am
YoYoJoe

I think monk's are boring, but that's my opinion. I think if they put a monk in then they should take the berserker out.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:33 am
Billy

I'd like to see a Monk. Now that'd be a great character.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:53 pm
YoYoJoe

If you want a monk get Dark Alliance 2.
Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:20 am
Caen Furyfist

Um what?  Reply with quote  

I got the both DA 1 and DA 2, however classic D&D classes differ quite a bit from EQ classes. I also would like an EQ monk, now unless you can show me a human monk in Dark Alliance 2 that resembles an EQ monk please avoid making comments like the above.

If you dont understand the difference between forgotten realms lore and everquest's lore, as well as classes and weapons, then you are out of luck.

This forum is for Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms, if this was Dark Alliance 2 forum, you might of made a point but however this isnt and you havent.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:05 am
choge
Snowblind Studios

As you guys know, the new classes in RTA are Berzerker and Shaman. Although adding a Monk to the game would be great, it won't fit into our schedule this game.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:42 am
YoYoJoe

Sorry Caen. I guess you are cooler than me.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:43 pm
Caen Furyfist

cant be helped  Reply with quote  

Sorry, if that is the way it is, then that is the way it is.

However I will tell ya guys, no one really likes beserkers in the real EQ game, Shamans have much love for them, but beserkers are literally a joke, plus I see beserkers as tied in very close to the barbarian warrior in terms of melee damage and skills. Sure the beserker in EQ has more group friendly skills, but the monk is a classic EQ class.

Personally I would of liked to have seen a monk and a rogue or even a mage or necromancer.

The rogue could use daggers and swords ( ya got enough daggers in the game but they go to waste ), and have a skill to critical hit as well a chance to critical hit if stabbing from the back side of a mob, you could of given them the skill hide and sneak, and made it seeable by some mobs. As well as making them critical on throwing spears. I dont think I have used spears at all with the good bows I had on my warrior, sk and ranger.

The monk could of meleed bare fisted, or used the blunt weapons, had a flying kick skill, had a feign death skill, had a mend ( self only percent heal ) skill, hecht ya could even thrown in group skill to increase attack and speed at higher levels, called celestial tranquality.

The Mage could summon different elemental pets, have and use elemental magic better then the wizard, ( not more powerful, just less mana and less resists when cast ), ya gave SKs a bone pet, why not elementals? They would be very cool and a blast for the whole family!

The Necromancer could use the same spells as the SK, just earlier, as well as getting their pet summon earlier, give them skills that give hps and mana back to the group, and a feign death skill. And a skill to turn into a skeleton themselves which increases mana regeneration but eats at their health.

The feign death skill could only be usable in anything but boss encounters or some mobs you wouldnt want the player fooling.

I think Shaman was an interesting choice, and I will buy the game, no doubt about it, but I am a little leary of the Beserker. It wasnt well recieved in EQ, Dont listen to SOE, they will tell everyone loves all the classes, not true. Berserkers came about because they were trying to balance all the melee classes, and just figured hey lets throw em a bone class and we got beserker. High level beserkers are still waiting for their niche.

I just think if ya guys applied your graphic skills, your game engine to the EQ world, there would be a rebirth of the 500k customer base and you would siphon many a player away from the PC version to hack and slash in your world online.
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:55 pm
Shifty Geezer

Re: cant be helped  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by Caen Furyfist
I just think if ya guys applied your graphic skills, your game engine to the EQ world, there would be a rebirth of the 500k customer base and you would siphon many a player away from the PC version to hack and slash in your world online.

I doubt CoN will rival EQ for an online RPG world due to the limits of the PS2 hardware, unless maybe it was a HD only game like FFXII (or whatever one it is now), though I still doubt 32 megs could carry enough to allow MMPORGing with CoN visuals/gameplay.

Shifty Geezer
Post Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:10 pm
Caen Furyfist

Yep  Reply with quote  

True, but they have the HDD now....hint hint.....
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:03 am
TornadoError404

I got two words for the guys and gals out there who like Monks
consider this if you will....

"Panda Monks"
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:17 am