Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Will single layer DVD really fix the problems?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
Shifty Geezer

Will single layer DVD really fix the problems?  Reply with quote  

The news that RTA is to be single layer has to be taken well as thus far the bugs have been very much attributed to the dual-layer troubles. But my experience tonight makes me question if the dual-layer really is the trouble.

Last night we played four-player up to the Plane of Air, and then when trying to return to the Plane of Hate the game froze at the end of the loading screen. We left it at that and started up again today. Loading our saved game at the Plane of Air, the game froze at exactly the same place. Different copy of the game, different PS2. We tried reloading, vertical and horizontal positions, everything we could think of.

After lots of testing importing players, it was found that four players just couldn't be accomodated at the Plane of Hate. We could load in three players, but adding a fourth had the game crash at the end of the loading screen every time. Eventually we played 3 player in the Plane of Hate 'till the save point and there it was possible to add in the fourth player.

I can't see how this could be related to disc-reading troubles, given different hardware and the nature of the bug - adding a fourth player at this point = crash. And this on the "bug free" Euro version.

Shifty Geezer
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:00 pm
Ragnarokda

Your guess is as good as any one elses at this point. I have already experienced tons of problems conserning loading screens and importing characters. At first I thought it was because i had my ps2 on for about 20+ hours at a time. But i let it rest for 3 days, not playing it, and i came to find it wasnt the ps2 it was the game. In one point in the 2nd act when you had to rescue babic nurn he was invisible and we could see for him to keep up with us. We solved the problem by walking extremely slow and we finally got to the door at the end. I am not sure what your talking is the problem but i sure do hope they figure what it is for sure and that the new single layered disc is better!
In the waking of the sun and the resurrection of crist as he stood atop a hill side to watch it all unfold into time and history itself, let down his sword and began to bask in the sun and in the glory of his senses he told himself, "I got to get laid!"
Post Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:17 am