Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
In my Quest to make things difficult
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
Damos

In my Quest to make things difficult  Reply with quote  

Ok, i like things hard...er than they should be so i imported my lvl 11 Wizard to a Couragous difficulty game to see how long i could last before i died...3 minutes later im busting through orc hordes with a lvl 7 SoF *Shock of Frost* Twisted Evil. Now im not one for knocking on games unless they desrve it, but this is twisted a lvl 11 sorc on D2 could never survive in the second difficulty, so why can we here, it says lvl 20-35 recommended, well im lvl 13 doing just fine. I can only hope in that in the sequel its fixed and that the enemys can now regenerate, needed a single memory card set aside for the game just so you can keep fighting is extremely annoying
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:32 am
Shifty Geezer

Mages can typically handle harder levels better because of powerful ranged attacks. The hardness probably is most influenced by chance of enemies to hit and how much damage they do. If you don't get hit by them, what have you to worry about?

In DA2, a level 1 Necromancer could cruise through the game on Extreme difficulty without ever getting hit, whereas a level 1 Barb or Monk would get royal crucified by the first and smallest goblin you ever saw.

Try a lower level mage and see how much difficulty it offers.

Shifty Geezer
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:21 am
Damos

Heh, well i dont know if the Necro could *Cruise* through it but yeah i see what you mean, i actually got to lvl 15 then imported my wizzy into his adventure difficulty game then imported my cleric( lvl 28 ) into the couragous difficulty beat that in one day then played through champion. BTW champion is hard, ecspecially the ant caves

Last edited by Damos on Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:11 pm
fireicedarklight

i'm in champion now, and i'm a lvl 39 ranger, easy as pie, i'm in vanhorosts caslte
Our site-www.freewebs.com/fadwyer
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:19 pm
Thurond

Ure only 39 and ure there?!? man, my lvl 21 ranger could barely survive the goblin cave in act 1 on courageous.
my hats off 2 u lol.

A champion shall be forever challenged!!!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:20 pm