FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Any plans to get this on the XBOX?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Mr.X

Any plans to get this on the XBOX?  Reply with quote  

I'm a sucker for this type of game, and its one of the few games the wife likes to play alot. We just finishe DA 1 and 2 which was alot of fun
CoN looks very good...

Fingers crossed...
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:30 am
Cestode Raffity!

Just wanted to say that these are the only types of game which appeal to my girlfriend too, I think it's the shopping angle they like!

Hopefully someone will know about an X-box release, it definitely is PS2 only at the moment.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:35 am
PretzNChz

Don't expect this to head to any other console. Champions of Norrath - and EverQuest in general - is a Sony property, so it won't be going anywhere.

I suppose it may have headed to the Gameboy Advance, but that won't be happening either with the announcement of the PSP.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:26 pm
Shifty Geezer

Snowblind appear to be solely PS2 developers. Don't expect a CoN release for XB. XB's best hope is either some decent competition from an alternative developer or another RPG based on the DA engine (like DA2 or Bards Tale)

Shifty Geezer
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:50 pm
Nataku

I could imagine a release on another platform. Sony wont support concurrence and this game qualifies playstation 2 very well.

But if i remember right Baldurs Gate released on XBox too and it is also a snowblind product....
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:50 pm
Shifty Geezer

AFAIK Snowblind wrote DA1 on PS2 and a year later other developers converted the game engine to XB and GC. So SB are PS2 devs. For CoN to appear on another platform you'd need another dev to convert the engine, which might be really difficult as the PS2 has a very unique way of doing stuff which CoN makes the most use of. Plus it's unlikely Sony will allow their IP onto a rival.

Shifty Geezer
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:55 pm
PretzNChz

quote:
Originally posted by Nataku
But if i remember right Baldurs Gate released on XBox too and it is also a snowblind product....

Baldur's Gate isn't a Sony brand name, while EverQuest is. In this case (and in most cases) it has nothing to do with who the developer is, but rather who the publisher is and the brand name being published. You will never see an EverQuest game on a rival system.

The Gameboy Advance would be the only likely exception, as it is the only handheld currently on the market, and I could've seen it possible for Sony to want a portion of the handheld software market. With the PSP coming out, though, an EverQuest game on the GBA is out of the question as well.

As for the original Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, either Black Isle or Snowblind did the ports ... I don't think there were any other names attached to those releases.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:06 pm
cybercrash

Snowblind is a Sony developer now, no ports.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:20 am
Shifty Geezer

I don't know what they're contract is. SB might well be pleased to leave Sony after CoN and look at other partnerships?

Shifty Geezer
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:28 pm
fireicedarklight

Yes DA1 did come out on ps2 but DA 2 did not , but i have them both and CON ne way lol. I'm pretty sure sony will keep its license with everquest and all bc of good sales. But like i saw earlier Xbox will prolly get Bards Tale or maybe another thing like DnD heroes. R they good ne way ? i havnt played them cuz i only have a ps2
Our site-www.freewebs.com/fadwyer
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:52 pm
danothebull

SONY own CoN!!!!!!! Keep dreaming mate!!!!!!!!!!
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:11 pm
cybercrash

Yeah, CoN is an Everquest product and Everquest belongs to Sony, so Sony is calling the shots here.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Billy

So CoN will never make it onto Xbox (or anything else not Sony) but that doesn't stop Snowblind from taking the game and just removing all things Everquest. They could design their own world and would not be restricted to any limitations placed by the Everquest name.
Yea.. I'd like to see that!
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:43 pm
PretzNChz

quote:
Originally posted by Billy
So CoN will never make it onto Xbox (or anything else not Sony) but that doesn't stop Snowblind from taking the game and just removing all things Everquest. They could design their own world and would not be restricted to any limitations placed by the Everquest name.
Yea.. I'd like to see that!

I'd love to see an original Snowblind title. I know Ryan Geithman mentioned Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando as sort of an inspiration of sorts ... I'd even be all for Snowblind trying something more along that route, sort of a 3rd person action RPG.

Just imagine if the camera was moved down just over the shoulder of your character, instead of overhead. The possibilities would be endless Shocked Not to mention it'd probably be one heck of a beautiful game.

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:49 pm
Brendon

I actually like what Snowblind is doing now. They really are the masters of this sort of gameplay. I don't really care to see them go to Xbox either, as they've really crafted a fine PS2-specific engine, and I'd hate for them to take it elsewhere. And besides, Xbox has enough bought exclusives as it is (and Thief III rocks, BTW)... it's nice to see Sony have one.

I still would rather see them somehow get ahold of the Dark Alliance name for themselves, since INterplay is selling off all their properties. Going through Atari as publsiher wouldn't hurt them as developers.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:01 am