FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
What are you playing?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Odds & Ends

Author Thread
PretzNChz

What are you playing?  Reply with quote  

I'm just curious what everyone is playing right now. There are so many games out there, sometimes I'll discover something new that I had previously overlooked Smile

I've actually been playing through Champions of Norrath again, this time with my wife and a friend of ours. He comes over every few nights and we play for a couple of hours. Good stuff!

I picked up RalliSport Challenge 2 for the Xbox the other night and have been playing that quite a bit. There's another board I check frequently and we have some XSN tournaments going on in RSC2. The game offers a nice blend of realistic and arcade physics, almost sort of a cross between Colin McRae 04 and Burnout 2. I love rally racers of all sorts, though, so this is pretty much a no-brainer for me.

I've also been playing Transformers on the PS2 a little bit. Haven't had time to dig into the game that much, but I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far. Graphically the game is amazing, with really lush outdoor environments and a massive draw distance. Beyond that it is a fairly straightforward 3rd person shooter, but I loved Transformers when I was a kid, so this brings back lots of memories (even though it is based off of the new Armada cartoon).

I also recently discovered Scorched 3D , a 3D remake of the classic DOS game Scorched Earth. If you've never played Scorched Earth, check it out sometime, it is great. Each player gets a tank that is randomly placed on a randomly generated terrain. Players take turns setting their aim, angle, and power, in an attempt to blow up the other players. The land is completely deformable (part of the strategy), and each hit and kill earns you money to purchase new weapons, armor and health.

Scorched 3D offers a couple new features that make the game highly addictive. First, you can play via LAN or the Internet, which is awesome. Second, there's a gameplay mode that helps speed things up. Rather than each player taking turns one at a time, you can have everyone set their move, then once everyone is ready (or the move time limit is up), all weapons fire simultaneously Twisted Evil As a fan of Scorched Earth, I can't even begin to explain how great this is!

To a lesser extent my wife and I have been playing through Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube, and we also play some DDR Max 2 on the PS2 when we feel like moving without going outside Wink I also have been playing Rainbow Six 3 online on the Xbox with a friend of mine; we usually play once a week.

So what have you all been playing lately?

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:12 pm
Billy

Let's see. Right now I am currently playing a few games.

I recently bought Soul Calibur 2 on Nintendo Gamecube and am having a hell of a lot of fun with that. It's excellant!

I rented Onimusha 3. I wasen't really a fan of the previous games in the series but this one is a lot better then the others. I am really enjoying it. The switching between the two players is actually a lot of fun.

Also rented Fight Night 2004 on Xbox. I am some-what dissapointed with this one. It's just not that much fun.... of course I've only been playing one player, so I would think with two people it'd be better.

I also rented (where I rent games it's rent 2 get 1 free!) Jet Li : Rise to Honor on Ps2. It's a neat game, but damn is it short. I played for about 45 minutes and according to the chapter selection I was 1/3 of the way through. I could finish this soon if I didn't play Onimusha as much. heh.

Lastly, tonight I finally picked up a copy of FF X-2. I did rent this before, but I haven't played my copy yet. I'll let it sit while I enjoy my rental games then I'll continue my game on that!

That's it for now. heh.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:50 am
BaldursMate

Right now i'm playing alot of Baldurs Gate: DA 2.
And some Icewind Dale 2, Fifa 2004(ps2), Diablo2 and Starcraft.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Fizzy

Right now im working on BG:DA2 with a friend of mine, CON on the normal difficulty, Vice City and Diablo2 LOD.
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:06 am
Sprach

My friend and I are about an hour away from completing DA2.

Not sure but I think I may be able to complete Fallout tonight.

Also playing Neverwinter: Hordes of the Underdark. Much tougher than the Undrentide.

I just realized I may be able to use the machine in the basement (200Mhz) to network to this one, and I'll be able to play Civ2 head to head with my friend.

Also just got SSX tricky. But I prefer RPGs to sports.

For all you Xbox fans out there: Apart from Star Wars:KOTOR, D&D:Heros and Morrowind, what RPGs on exclusive on the Xbox? And are they fun to play? In other words, I have to be able to justify the purchase of the Xbox.

And I'm not trying to start a "This {system} is better" war. Just curious....
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:38 am
Vendetta

Champions, Dark Alliance II, Ninja Gaiden, Project Zero (Fatal Frame), and MGS: Twin Snakes.

Occasionally Eternal Darkness, P.N. 03 and Silent Hill.
Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:30 am
Billy

I just got Tales of Symphonia on GC and am having a blast with that.
Glad I bought it.
Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:51 am