FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Some new info...
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions: Return to Arms General Discussion

Author Thread
Mindcircus

Some new info...  Reply with quote  

From one of the pics via GameInformer.com it shows some text of Firiona talking about Rallos Zek which is a Warlord. Here's the description of him from the Everquest site.

Rallos Zek is allied with Innoruuk and Cazic-Thule, enemy to Quellious and Bertoxxulous. The followers of Rallos Zek, the Warlord, believe in survival of the strong and death to the weak. The heart of a true follower of Zek yearns for strength, courage, but above all, victory. They believe that the heat of battle is the only place and time where enlightenment can be gained, that the universe was formed by conflict and in conflict it will end, with the victors feasting upon the remains of their fallen enemy. No respect or regard is given to the dead, for if they were worthy their hearts would still pump blood through their veins and not upon the soil of Norrath. The followers of Zek are almost exclusively warriors.

I'll take an educated guess that we'll fight him at some point during the game most likely as a boss.

There is also some media there like a 3 minute long trailer but the link is broken for me right now. If anyone is able to access it let me know. There are a few new screen shots there also. Enjoy...

http://gameinformer.com/News/Screens/ScreenShots.htm?CS_pid={E1690148-BAE6-4005-BFCB-9370F2E9E139}
Post Mon May 24, 2004 8:32 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Well, the movies on the site finally started working and it looked pretty impressive. They show a lot of the Vah Shir abilites although it's hard to tell what some of them actually do. There's a new SK ability shown in there somewhere that looks like a variation of the Harm Touch which was a worthless skill in the first game. The graphics in general looked better to me than the first one, not only the environments but the characters also. Not sure if that's just my excitment taking over or the graphic quality really is going to be bumped up a notch. I like what i see though... keep it up SOE and Snowblind! I found it funny how when the Vah Shir attacks he sounds like the kittens from that one quest in the first game. Also is it just me or does the combat look way more brutal just from watching those movies? The hits and droppings all sound a lot crisper and louder. Did i just say droppings?... Anyway last thing... looks like they fixed the duel wield. From looking at it... seems like both weapons are attacking one after the other which is nice.

Innorukk is going down!!!!
Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:34 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Here's a new preview...

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=377798
Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:08 am
Attalus

The new screenshots look good but I can't get those videos to work. When you saw those videos did the Berserker do anything noticebley different from the Barabarian or Ranger?

Im interested in finding out what the other new chracter will be and what new skills the existing chracters will receive.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 2:09 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

I know what you mean about the videos not working. I luckily got it to work once and watched it a few times but now the site is down again. I too am curious as to how different the Berserker will play compared to the Barb. In the video it looked like the Vah Shir had some interesting moves. There was this one part where kobolds were surrounding a Berserker and he did this meow repulse thing and it floored all of the kobolds. There was also a better glimpse of the bloodlust skill when you're down to 25% health. It looked really cool and you could tell his attacks were way faster than normal. Lastly, sometimes the Vah Shir's hands would glow red. I'm not really sure what it means yet but it looks like the Vah Shir is pissed off and is about to lay a beat down.

In the new preview it says Wizards will be able to learn how to wear all armor and swing swords. It'll be interesting to see how they look with the wizard specifc heavy armor on. We know the Ranger can now decrease the weight of arrows and also summon arrows. The Shadow Knight had this cool looking disease slash spell. Looks kind of like the Harm Touch with disease damage.

Like i said... the graphics looked amazing. At this point the environments are seriously blowing away the first ones. The characters look more detailed as do the the creatures you fight. It seriously looks fantastic and it seems a lot of effort is being put in making the Vah Shir look devestating.

Hope the video works at some point... keep trying. It's definately worth watching.
Post Tue May 25, 2004 11:00 pm
Attalus

One of the guys at NTSC UK was at E3 and saw RTA and said it looked impressive and the graphics were a massive step up from CON's. There quite harsh judeges over there as well so thats a good compliment.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Well if the trailer would work once this lifetime you guys would all understand for yourself. By the way nice find Attalus.
Post Fri May 28, 2004 3:45 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Has anyone got it to work yet?
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:23 pm
Attalus

They still don't seem to work for me, but Im hoping to get 1 of those E3 DVDs so I might get to see good quality footage of it on there.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:03 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

That's funny cause i was beginning to wonder whether it was just my quirky computer. I actually went as far as to e-mail the man responsible for the website and he said it worked for him and that nothing was wrong. He asked if i right clicked and saved it. Well yeah but it only saves as an HTML document for me. I e-mailed him back... maybe i'll get a better response. This sucks cause it's a really good trailer. If you've seen the videos for the first game on the official CON site... this video is like those with the SOE logo at the beginning and then a 3 minute long trailer. Oh well...

I never knew they made E3 DVDs... keep me posted if you can.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:38 pm
Attalus

Liksang will be stocking an offical 4 DVD set of E3 showcasing games for all formats for $20 (11:30) from June 25th. With that much space, there should be some RTA footage. Never ordered from them myself so I dunno about their reliability.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:59 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Hey guys just updating my on doing mysteries at GameInformer. If any of you have Real Player, use that browser to go to the site. Apparently using IE doesn't cut it. So watch and enjoy...

Hope it works...

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={E1690148-BAE6-4005-BFCB-9370F2E9E139}
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:42 am
Attalus

Thanks, they work now.

The Berserker looks amazing up close in the chracter select screen. Couldn't see many of his abilities though so he fought like the Barbarian with some ranged attacks Sad . I was hoping they might change that walking left, right swing animation as well.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:31 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

I think it's different enough. I'm not going to complain at this point after seeing some of the features they are adding. Plus the Iksar looks to be very different from all of the other characters. It also looks like the duel wielding will be fixed. There isn't any damage text so we don't know for sure but from seeing the videos it looks like he is swinging one weapon at a time. Maybe increasing duel wield points will grant you better to full use of your off hand strength. Oh well... i want the new OPM now! Do i have to wait till mid June to see it on newstands?
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:08 pm