FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Having fun all over again
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
PretzNChz

Having fun all over again  Reply with quote  

My wife and I just moved into our new house, and we now live minute away from a good friend of ours. He came over last night, and after awhile we decided to play some video games. Thought it'd be fun if the three of us could play through something together. Our friend had already beat Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes and my wife and I are most of the way through, so I thought I'd show them Champions of Norrath. I've beat it once, my wife has watched me played (but hasn't played herself), and our friend has never seen the game.

So the three of us sit down and play for a bit. I'm the cleric, my wife is the barbarian, and our friend decides to go with the wizard.

I'm not quite sure what time we started playing at - maybe around 9:00 pm or so - but we didn't stop until well past midnight. I've played online a little bit, but other than that haven't done any multiplayer. I almost forgot just how much fun the game is, and it is even better with friends. Sure, there are a few small annoyances like the individual gold stacks (not shared among the group), no easy way to trade items with others (just gotta drop it), and the experience bonuses that heavily favor melee characters .... but those are fairly minor things and really didn't get in the way of us having fun playing through the game together.

What's the point of this story? I dunno. Just felt like sharing Smile Our friend had been really disappointed with Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, but he really seemed to be enjoying Champions of Norrath last night. My wife and I played through the original Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance a few times through. She wasn't too interested in Champions of Norrath at first, but after playing last night I think she's hooked.

It is just great to come back to the game a few months later and have a good time with friends. I'm certain we'll be playing through the game a few times over. At least until Return to Arms comes out Wink

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Mon May 17, 2004 3:56 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

I've been playing every weekend or every other weekend with 2 of my friends via multitap for the last 3 months. We've beaten the game about 30 times and it just doesn't seem to get old. We started out with a SK, Ranger, and Barb which we all leveled up to about 46 or so. Now we've begun another game with a Cleric, Ranger, and SK and we're at about level 30 now with them.

We've gone the route of what looks best is what we wear and it's sort of fun that way. Plus neither of us have seen the armor for our specific class yet so that's kind of new.

It'll be fun to play Norrath all the way through and then import them into Return to Arms so it's more of a complete story. The fun's just begun with us and the game is a good 3 months old.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:14 am