Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Experience Points / Leveling up
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Hollywood_Fred

Experience Points / Leveling up  Reply with quote  

Hello all!

Q: How do you get a barbarian to level up faster? My gf and I are playing, she's a barb, I'm a shadow knight, and I consistently level up faster than her...which makes her unhappy. What stats should she be increasing, either by using jewelery and other trinkets, or by increasing her base skills?

Thanks!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:59 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

Try to get Engulf Darkness. At level 20 it basically confuses enemies every time it hits which lead to easy kills. Disease shield is nice i guess but other than those there's little appeal to me. They are the coolest looking characters though and can use basically any weapon.

One way for her to catch up to you in experience is to let her kill the bosses. Just let her have the finishing blow which allows her to get a grip of experience. Do this for awhile and she'll catch up real quick.

Ah whoops, i just re-read your message and i thought she was the shadow knight. Anyway for a barb it's easy. In my opinion the barb should always be ahead in experience. They are always on the front line and should get most of the finishing blows and kills. I found that the ranger in group play usually jumps ahead in the experience race also. Anyway barb skills you should definately get are Slam, and Cyclone. Those two at level 20 will make you invincible. Other things you should max out are Critical and Ancestral Call. Charge is cool at the beginning and is probably loads of fun in a single player game, but at higher levels it becomes a nuisance to your group. If you Charge it'll brush back your team and they'll get sick of it very quickly. Make sure you get some Endurance too.

Lastly, increase your strength, stamina, and dexterity with jewelry and gems on items. Strength is important for obvious reasons throughout the game. Stamina is good since you'll be in the middle of every battle. It's nice to be alive longer. Dexterity should be boosted at later levels to accomidate Duel Wield if you like and speed enchanted weapons.

Hope that helps... have fun!!
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:53 am