FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
I give up
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Technical Issues

Author Thread
Lawman

I give up  Reply with quote  

After spending several weeks playing this game with various family members, importing my character into each ongoing game to gather experience and gain levels, I've hit a brick wall. My level 26 ranger, as well as the rest of my family's characters, is stuck at the plane of hate. Once we leave the shop mistress and enter the plane we lose the ability to save, to gate back to the shop, to pick up certain items or to even open our investory. Sure, we can kill all of the lesser enemies on this level, but when we reach what is apparently the final area in this region a Greater Minion briefly appears in a cut away screen, and then all movement stops. This has happened several dozen times in a row now and there appears to be no way past this bug. I've read about older PS2 machines and corrupt memory cards, but these are not issues here - we bought new memory cards, and yesterday I even went out and bought a new PS2 to see whether a new machine would work (original machine was only 4 months old, but I thought I'd try a new one anyway).

This really ticks me off. Is anyone at Snowblind or Sony planning to fix these bugs and update the distribution disks? I'd be willing to pay a shipping and media charge for a replacement disk (or disks) just to be able to play through this game. It stinks to get this far and be stuck with no ability to move forward. So far I've resisted the urge to read the spoiler posts, but it's starting to seem to be the only way I'll ever find out what happens next!

Come on Snowblind/Sony ... give us an opportunity to purchase a replacement disk at cost only!
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:32 am
Enomolee77

I doubt sony or snowblind will make fixed disks availiable. Would be nice though... cough...cough.. ehem!

-Less Than Jake
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:45 am
Karn

I just think it's messed up that they would even release a game that has so many of these kinds of bugs in them... Sure I was highly anticipating this game, but I would've rather waited a month longer than to have all these types of things happen...
~Zidd- Wood Elf lvl 26~
Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Enomolee77

Hmm... i wonder how many people will RENT CoN 2 before they buy it...

-Less Than Jake
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:47 am
Mindcircus

Re: I give up  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by Lawman
After spending several weeks playing this game with various family members, importing my character into each ongoing game to gather experience and gain levels, I've hit a brick wall. My level 26 ranger, as well as the rest of my family's characters, is stuck at the plane of hate. Once we leave the shop mistress and enter the plane we lose the ability to save, to gate back to the shop, to pick up certain items or to even open our investory. Sure, we can kill all of the lesser enemies on this level, but when we reach what is apparently the final area in this region a Greater Minion briefly appears in a cut away screen, and then all movement stops. This has happened several dozen times in a row now and there appears to be no way past this bug. I've read about older PS2 machines and corrupt memory cards, but these are not issues here - we bought new memory cards, and yesterday I even went out and bought a new PS2 to see whether a new machine would work (original machine was only 4 months old, but I thought I'd try a new one anyway).

This really ticks me off. Is anyone at Snowblind or Sony planning to fix these bugs and update the distribution disks? I'd be willing to pay a shipping and media charge for a replacement disk (or disks) just to be able to play through this game. It stinks to get this far and be stuck with no ability to move forward. So far I've resisted the urge to read the spoiler posts, but it's starting to seem to be the only way I'll ever find out what happens next!

Come on Snowblind/Sony ... give us an opportunity to purchase a replacement disk at cost only!

Let's get one things out of the way first. Sucks you're having so many problems. All of us have had them, but yours seem to be off the charts.

Now with that out of the way let me continue by saying you're a moron, with no disrespect. Before deciding on spending another $200 for a new PS2 and new memory cards you should have spawned that light bulb over your head and got a new copy of the game. HELLO, McFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm, let me see $200 or $50, $200 or $50? Now you spent all that money for nothing. I wish i had your kind of money to toss so in a way i'm jealous. It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who has used such little common sense ability in this matter.

Do yourself a favor and return everything you bought and return the game for a new copy. Please do it now or else i'll have trouble sleeping tonight. Keep me posted alright?
Post Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:57 pm