Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
best character?
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
skuld

best character?  Reply with quote  

I know it's probably been asked, but which character it the best. I started games as both Barbarian and Ranger and felt them both weak when it came to bosses. The Ranger I don't like because of the "specialty arrow" skills. It just seems like you're forced to use those spells if you want your character to be any good. And the sheer weight of arrows is another turn off. About the Barbarian, there should be more abilities that are inate and don't require mana. Now the character I'm on now is a Cleric. Aside from the insane weapon restrictions(they should defiantely be able to weild staffs) they're a great character. The Holy Strike is the perfect substitute for a ranged weapon, and that Hammer of Wrath has been my saving grace on more than one ocassion. Now a friend of mine is playing(and just beat Adventurous) with a Shadow Knight, and between the skeleton buddy(which stays around forever) and the disease shield I think there's a perfect candidate for the best character. As soon as I finish with my Cleric I'm gonna start up an Edudite Wizard and see how that goes. But for now I think my vote goes to the Shadow Knight With the Cleric a close second. What do you all think?
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:09 pm
Karn

My personal favorite is the Shadow Knight. I think they are first of all, the coolest looking out of all of them, and the combination of spells and brute force are great. The skeleton kinda serves as a tag team partner which is cool. Also, when playing online with a barbarian or a ranger it is SO fun. Critical Aura+Disease Shield= CRITICAL HITS LIKE CRAZY! Haha. I mean Harm Touch is kinda dissapointing, but only because of all the mana it takes.
~Zidd- Wood Elf lvl 26~
Post Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:15 pm
Nataku

Most mob cant even hurt my ranger before they die before they pass the distance.... but the praised critical autra from u dont works since i passed ants in single player.... that s bad.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:24 pm
Thurond

i luv the ranger because of the enormous damage it does with a bow and the ability to take out guys before they reach you. if it werent fer my ranger, id probably be stuck trying to beat innouruk. dont like cleric, but shadow knight is ok

A champion shall be forever challenged!!!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:26 pm