Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Having problems with the control mapping.
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > BG: Dark Alliance General Discussion

Author Thread
Mindcircus

Having problems with the control mapping.  Reply with quote  

I've been playing and loving CON for awhile now and there's little doubt that i've gotten used to the controls. Well i picked up Dark Alliance the other day and i noticed that some of the controls are different. First of all there is no use for the R3 button which triggers the map in CON. I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the weapon switching in DA. I keep pressing L1 which is the map and sometimes i get all mixed up while fighting. It just doesn't seem as natual switching weapons with the left directional pad. Anyway, i thought i'd try and map the L1 so it would change weapons. Well it won't work for some reason. If i change it, the L1 is rendered useless.
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:50 am
KiLL 13

Re: Having problems with the control mapping.  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by Mindcircus
I've been playing and loving CON for awhile now and there's little doubt that i've gotten used to the controls. Well i picked up Dark Alliance the other day and i noticed that some of the controls are different.

Give it some time lil grasshopper, give it some time BG:DA 1 is an excellent game. The map works fine, it's just u call it different from CoN, but still used in the same way. BTW what character are you using on BG:DA? That silly dwarf was soooooo much fun to play Twisted Evil I'm still in love with it after all this time Wink
"Rangers lead the way.... All the way" U.S. Army Rangers rule #1

KiLL 13

HOLY WATER
IMMORTAL SIN
DEATH SMILES AT ME
A BEAUTIFUL GRIN
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:32 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

The problem i have is that i can't map the L1 button as my change weapon button. It's weird...

Anyway i was using the mage and i found that the ball lightning makes the game way too easy but very fun to use. I have yet to get the meteor.

Just tonight i started the archer and the fire arrow is very fun. Exploding arrow sucks cause it damages the other player.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:29 am
Hollywood_Fred

...and if you play BG:DA2 you'll have yet a third variation on the control scheme to memorize...
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:33 pm