Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
A Clerics Heal
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
Enomolee77

A Clerics Heal  Reply with quote  

Much has been made about the supposed uselessness of a clerics heal. Why use it when you solo if you can ram on that potion button? I have one good reason. At lvl 25, if I use a heal potion it takes a VERY long time for that potion to actually fill my health bar. At the same level, if I use my heal spell, I get the heal instantly for all intents an purposes. That coupled with its ability to heal others makes the cleric heal skill viable to say the least, a must for any cleric IMHO.

-Less Than Jake
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:03 pm
Billy

Oh yea. I agree.

I don't know how many times I've died simply because my life doesn't raise quick enough when I use a healing potion. With the Clerics spell, the life bar raises quickly and works great.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:07 pm
btutterrow

Ditto.

I have jammed on the heal potion button and died while I was surrounded, but my level 20 heal and super quick mana regen has saved me many times...
Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:06 am
KiLL 13

Re: A Clerics Heal  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by Enomolee77
At lvl 25, if I use a heal potion it takes a VERY long time for that potion to actually fill my health bar. At the same level, if I use my heal spell, I get the heal instantly for all intents an purposes. That coupled with its ability to heal others makes the cleric heal skill viable to say the least, a must for any cleric IMHO.

Couldn't agree more on this. I, like most of the crowd, thought healing spell to be useless until I tried the minor healing on the ranger. I was in shock. Not like I had that huge amount of hit points (like 900+ at 50 LVL) and with my handy dandy bow, the enemy never gets too close, but if I get pinched the heal spell is a true life saver....
"Rangers lead the way.... All the way" U.S. Army Rangers rule #1

KiLL 13

HOLY WATER
IMMORTAL SIN
DEATH SMILES AT ME
A BEAUTIFUL GRIN
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:43 am
silverleaf

I agree with everyone else that the cleric's heal is very useful especially later on. (I have only 16 points though in my level 50 cleric but it is especially useful with boss fights). With my level 50 ranger I have 20 skill points in minor healing and again it is very useful with boss fights. With my level 50 shadowknight I have 20 skill points in health regeneration and life tap (which taps both health and mana). In general I try to save 19 skill points for my level 50 characters trying to determine which is the best skill to use. Normally I just leave these skill points just in case. The warrior and the wizard really don't have a good way to refill health other than the normal accelerated regeneration and potions (btw you do get experience at level 50 or at least I do). The cleric's heal though is an aura which can affect other party members. The ranger's heal though appears only to affect the individual casting (since I don't play multiplayer if this impression is different from others please post). Good luck and best wishes.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:59 pm