Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
help with mummy plz
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
PolarPheonix29

help with mummy plz  Reply with quote  

on the mummy part where you extinguish the fires(braziers) im stuck at a door with a skull and i need 2 more fires put out do any of you know what i need to do ?
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:10 am
Garthak

go back and search for the fires heh cuz u missed em
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:05 am
Billy

Yea, all the braziers are accessible before this door part. Once you get them all you the door opens.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:31 am
silverleaf

Sometimes the braziers are hard to spot hidden in corners. Carefully check every area of the sealed temple except of course inside the sealed doors for there are no braziers there. What I do is to turn the right analog stick in a complete circle checking every area of the sealed temple this way. Usually there is several braziers hidden as I described above. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:11 pm
PolarPheonix29

thank you i found the fires and now im stuck where the curiosities are lost in the caves for the guy you buy stuff from and i got six must i keep looking 6/7 is so frustrating. if any of you can help plz do ty.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:20 pm
silverleaf

Just start with the dungeon in the upper left hand corner of the city searching carefully each dungeon which has one piece until the last dungeon which has two pieces. The dungeons are randomly generated. Other threads have discussed this issue. There are also pieces in the city as well but normally if you start with the dungeon I described and check carefully each dungeon and each part of the city you encounter you will find all seven curiosities (you have to check the "alleys" of the city as well turning the right analog stick like I described above). Good luck and best wishes.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:32 pm
PolarPheonix29

ok that is really queer if you have to spend like 2 hours lookinf for 1 gay piece that is something that snowblind shood NOT incorperate into there games it make them very slow and tedious during those parts of the game i got 6/7 and now i have to go recheck everything 3 times over thats gonna be a pain in the a#$.

sigh

20 sk
19 warrior
12cleric
25 wizzard
16 ranger
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:14 pm
unclesalty

Try checking in the city first(not in the caves).

It is probably on the upper level of one of the decks along the wall the
stairs are attached to. make sure you check the narrow passages along the
sides of these deck areas.
good luck.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:17 pm
silverleaf

A quick way to check the corners of the city is to use the action button (the button used to pick up items) and just automatically hit it several times in the dark corners of the city. Be careful though for some of the chests explode so you quickly back out of the area and watch to see if there is an explosion (I do this technique all the time with multiple chests just use the button to open chests and run away a safe distance). I suspect that the one curiosity you are missing is in the city as well just as long as you did pick up two curiosities in the last dungeon. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:55 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

The last one is not in any of the dungeons. I spent a good hour trying to find the last one. There are two maps in this area. One map is where the merchant is. Then there's the other one after you come out of one of the dungeons. Well the last curiosity is on that second map. It's in the corner and it's really hard to see. Just check every nook and cranny of that map and you'll surely find it. Good luck...
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:17 am
silverleaf

I totally agree with you. That is why I learned to check every corner of the city I encounter when I leave the dungeons before going into the next dungeon with the technique I described above. The curiosity is hard to see so I just automatically press the action button several times in the dark corners (technique I learned from other games) just in case something is there and the route I described will eventually lead to the eastern part of the city where you started before going into more dungeons. By doing this I don't miss a single curiosity. Saves you hours trying to find one curiosity. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:39 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

It's funny, when i'm playing with my friend he always just presses square when things fly in the air. I call him the "square whore" cause he doesn't usually read what falls on the ground. He just gobbles it all up and usually he gets all the good stuff because of it.

I didn't find that dungeon part that fun really. It's hard to see in the dungeons as well. Also i hate that i always give the merchant the ones i have found, cause then i don't remember how many i've actually found or given to him. Now when i play that part i pay special attention to which dungeons i've treaded completely.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:51 am