Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Easily kill everything within seconds online
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Technical Issues

Author Thread
Meepo

My mistake then. Still not unhappy about returning it, though!

Because of technical issues alone (OK, I really miss being a Dwarf), Dark Alliance 2 is a superior game. Who would have thought that?!? It may be simple and repetitive, but at least I can reach the end of the game without having to start over because of broken quests. Not to mention get off my couch every 15 minutes to eject/reinsert the disk during a load screen error.

And that be all I have to say on the matter. I have no interest in participating on a message board for a game that has failed so horribly (all technical issues, not on content) anymore.

Cya in the funny papers, people!
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:17 pm
btutterrow

Because of technical issues alone (OK, I really miss being a Dwarf), Dark Alliance 2 is a superior game. Who would have thought that?!? It may be simple and repetitive, but at least I can reach the end of the game without having to start over because of broken quests. Not to mention get off my couch every 15 minutes to eject/reinsert the disk during a load screen error.

I have played through BG:DA2 and never had the desire to play through it again. Of course, I have played through CoN about 4 times and have never had a game ending bug, or had to reject and insert the game more then once or twice, either...

Anyone else had a problem with the kitten quest? I have done that quest about 8-12 times and never had a problem. What sequence messes up its completion? Is there any way to fix it once you do it out of sequence?
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:34 pm
Enomolee77

To date I've only had 3 problems. Two endless loads and one problematic rescue of the navigator. I've played through the game 4 times now and so far those are the only things that have gone wrong. Maybe I just got lucky? Maybe its my new playstation? Either way, sorry to all those who have problems w/ the game. On a side not, my biggest problem is Godly attack speed. That just pisses me off...

-Less Than Jake
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:45 pm
G-Rod

Last night me, my roomate, and gf played for like an hour without saving and it locked up. Its not just the experience and progress but also items and equipment you've found as well as fine tuned skill adjusting. We rarely quit playing the game because we wanted to. I just get too upset to do it again when it freezes on me.

Alas, with a little cooling off time, I'll return to it.
Its still the best dungeon crawler since Diablo, IMO.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm
Hydrafiend

So basically, the whole online thing is now worthless I suppose. It looks like they implemented multiplayer in the cheapest possible way they could. Multiplayer is great but if you cant preserve the integrity of the game its worthless.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:59 am
Hydrafiend

So I guess multiplayer is worthless then.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:50 am
PretzNChz

quote:
Originally posted by Hydrafiend
So I guess multiplayer is worthless then.

I wouldn't call multiplayer worthless. Tonight I just finished an online session that went for almost two hours. It was just a friend and I, he loaded up his 10th level archer and I brought in my 18th level archer (my only character so far). We had a good time working through the game together.

Voice cut out a few times, which is easily fixed by unplugging and replugging in your headset. Had a little bit of lag on occassion, but nothing major. No problems beyond that. Overall things ran very smoothly and we had quite a bit of fun playing. As we could trust each other, we were able to play without fear of cheaters, could exchange items freely, and so on.

The online implementation is rough, no doubt about it. It is playable, though. You just need to find the right people to play with. I'm sure I'll be playing online more in the future.

http://www.veterangamers.com
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:23 am
Karn

I really don't find it that big a deal. I mean sure people do it, but they get kicked just like that. If you play with the right people, the game is a blast online. And duping items and stuff doesn't affect you, because it doesn't keep you from doing anything.
~Zidd- Wood Elf lvl 26~
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:02 pm
Enomolee77

Why cheat in a game? I know i could pull of cheating in MANY games that I play (Magic the Gathering comes to mind, I know the rules like the back of my hand) but I choose not to. This message is to those who feel the need to cheat when they play this game...

ehem... LOSERS!! Thats all, just losers. Why are you even playing the game? to get to 50 faster? Why??? So you can be done with the game? Man, some people I just don't get.

-Less Than Jake
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:06 am
Karn

trudat
~Zidd- Wood Elf lvl 26~
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:27 am