Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Orc Leader Interior Forest
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
Skyehawk

Orc Leader Interior Forest  Reply with quote  

I cannot seem to get rid of this Orc Leader. He starts out on top of me and
I can't get more than two hits on him before I die. I cannot block his attacks.
How do you gut HIM?
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:09 pm
silverleaf

I think you are talking about the boss next to the dungeon in lesser faydark. The best technique is range attack for the boss is dangerous at melee attacks. There is a circle of stones just left of the entrance to the area where the boss is at (btw you can also use the stones on the right hand side to defeat the two bear like creatures with range attack as well). The boss can't go into this area and you just use range attack to kill him. Remember he can block but not when his back is turned so bring plenty of ammo with you. If you have a ranger just hit him with fire or cold arrows and watch him fall fast. Monsters can't block magical arrows such as these. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:17 pm
PolarPheonix29

no you fool he is not talking about the first boss with the dire badgers he is referring to the orc leader named like pelyce or something and he is very tough. he has the scroll that you need for the commander at the top of the cave enterance. there is a portal and save right before you face him and he has a charge type of attack that is devastating. iF he traps you he will kill you in 2-5 hits even with block. the key is in using ranger and out manuevering him. Use dodge block and ranged. if you have dsl or broadband go online and just get a high level character to help you a 20+ can easily cause havoc to this boss.
i hope this helped.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:20 pm
silverleaf

I can see you are getting frustrated with the game but be polite to your fellow gamers. I have no trouble with the Orc Leader in the Faydark Ruins whatsoever. You use range attacks with him moving quickly to the side. He can only charge if he lines up with you so you move constantly around up and down the stairs. Once you get entangle and root he is a quick kill. As for the beginning cleric use hammer of wrath blocking yourself behind the vases on the upper level (there are usually several vases on the upper level where you come into the room). He can't charge you for his way is blocked. Usually three vases are sufficient. You can't do this with bows though for the arrows will destroy the vases. I don't even bother to block the Orc Leader the key is understanding how to "hit and run". Btw with the cleric give plenty of room for his weapon has a great range. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:33 pm
Bubbles

The Orc Leader is tough and I died twice before I figured how to melee him. This is just for melee characters, for reference I was a lvl 10 SK, first make sure you have at least two healing potions.

Block his initial charge, you will take damage but not as much as if you had not blocked. You should be able to get up before he can cheap shot you. After this he has two modes of attack: single swipe and combo. The combo is the only attack that can slip your guard, just the last powered swipe. But I had about a 50% block success on this combo attack. Do not run from him this will just invite a cheap shot/charge. In between his attacks he has a half to full second period where he is not blocking. Attack him in this interval, you should be able to get in at least one swipe. If you have a cold weapon this will possibly get you a few more hits in. Repeat and until he is dead. Use a healing potion if you are in the danger zone, this was a bubble and a half for me.

Cold, Fast weapons rule in this game. Right now I am using Flame Ice which does fire and cold damage, added a fast attack attrib and it is sweet!
Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:34 pm
silverleaf

Nicely done. I forgot to mention that the vase trick works well with the wizard as well. When my wizardress was level 10 she killed the Orc Leader just with a level 1 frost storm (the spell doesn't destroy the vases). Usually with the warrior I put points into the critical aura at 8 and the ranger at level 10. Makes the ranged fight with the Orc Leader very easy (and btw I believe in fast cold weapons as well. I just put one point into dual wield for my ranger so she could dual wield the two Ice Flames. Very nice weapons with great graphics. Her weapon though is still her bow but it is nice to see her with the two melee weapons). Good luck and best wishes.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:15 am
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

He was one of the most challenging bosses in the game. The way Pelys just swings and murders you is brutal. Mele equals death when fighting him.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:56 am
Izsa

It depends on who you are using when you fight Felys. I used a Cleric, SK, and Ranger and wasted him. With my Ranger I ran up and down the stairs to keep him from charging me and plugged him with arrows. With my SK I used Engulfing Darkness to confuse and stun him and I alternated using arrows and slashing while he was stunned. He was cake with my Cleric, I used Blinding and and got behind him and beat the crap out of him while his back was turned. When he turned back around I blocked his attack and blinded him again. Range is the key.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:37 am
Thurond

just stun him with fire, poison, darkness and hit him with melee if u have no ranged. u will kill him quickly.

A champion shall be forever challenged!!!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:01 pm