47%  [ 9 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

Author Thread
clj147

Terrible act 4 glitch  Reply with quote  

Having a problem with act 4 dungeons. I was playing along minding my own business when I tried to enter one of the dungeons and it went to a black screen and never did load. Also when me and my friend were playing and it did load I died and when he tried to resurrect me at the save point it froze. Has any one else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it? Any help is appreciated. Smile
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:22 am
LoStSouL

Eject the disk an re-insert it?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:11 am
ianel_greenleaf

dude this sucks im in act 4 I try to run to dungeons and randomly a black screen of death appears. No more loading. Ejecting and renetering the disc has no effect either. I can't go on in the game because it just always freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:47 am
ianel_greenleaf

Do I have to take this back and get another copy and hope for better rtesults?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:57 am
Threshold

This thread needs to be moved to the BUGS and TECHNICAL HELP forum.

Thanks,

Threshold RPG: Our World, Your Imagination
http://www.thresholdrpg.com
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:02 pm
Krilik

Spam if I ever saw it.

90% of the threads you decided to revive haven't been posts in for 5 days, and since you're going down the line it's just going to be dead threads revived, for the next 5 pages.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:04 pm
Threshold

I'm a stickler for organization. This thread would be best catalogued in the bugs forum.

Why does this matter?

Because wise people who visit official forums will run a SEARCH for a problem they are having and will generally confine their search to the technical help forum.

That is why it is helpful to have ALL of these types of threads moved to the technical help/bugs forum.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:56 pm
Ribkage

What they really need is one big Known Issues post. With little work arounds for whatever ones there are workarounds for.

I aint doing it though Smile

On a side note, Threshold, you should seriously be banned for spamming. This was so freakin childish of you to do. Even I thought you were above crap like this, bumping every single bug related thread. You bring nothing to these forums but social unrest, just leave, or please get banned.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:00 am
Threshold

quote:
Originally posted by Ribkage

On a side note, Threshold, you should seriously be banned for spamming. This was so freakin childish of you to do. Even I thought you were above crap like this, bumping every single bug related thread. You bring nothing to these forums but social unrest, just leave, or please get banned.

Spamming? Childish? What are you talking about?

I spent a crapload of time HELPING.

Jesus christ. You flame me for my opinions and then you flame me when I work my butt off to HELP.

I went through 20 pages of posts and found the ones that were bug related, copied down the URLs, and then tagged the threads so a moderator can EASILY move them to the tech support/bugs forum.

Then anyone who ever has a problem can run a search in the tech support forum and possibly find information.

That isn't spamming. I donated about an hour of my time to help the moderators get things organized and get all the bug info in the right forum.

Once that forum is more established, people who visit this site won't run searches for tech support on this forum- they'll run their searches in the other forum. This way all of that information is not lost.

Last edited by Threshold on Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:18 am
Krilik

quote:
Originally posted by Threshold
I'm a stickler for organization. This thread would be best catalogued in the bugs forum.

Why does this matter?

Because wise people who visit official forums will run a SEARCH for a problem they are having and will generally confine their search to the technical help forum.

That is why it is helpful to have ALL of these types of threads moved to the technical help/bugs forum.

You buried all the recent threads that were active. Wise people would use the search. But as you can see more than half of the threads about bugs were posted before they read other threads. Otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to make another thread.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:19 am
Threshold

quote:
Originally posted by Krilik

You buried all the recent threads that were active.

As soon as the threads are moved, they won't be above any other "active" threads, now will they?

Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:20 am
Krilik

Three times I saw a mod come on during your "helping" and not a single thread was moved.

How about you make a thread with all the links to the bug threads so that way you don't need to bump them all to the top, and instead you'll have a nice thread where the moderators can click the link to the thread and then move it?
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:22 am
Ribkage

No, it was spamming. All you had to do to "help" was copy all the urls into a .txt and pm a or all mods the urls of whatever you thought should be moved. Which would be much more constructive and actually seem as if you were trying to help, rather than annoy.

Bumping 20 or so old posts is spamming. Period.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:23 am
Threshold

quote:
Originally posted by Ribkage
No, it was spamming. All you had to do to "help" was copy all the urls into a .txt and pm a or all mods the urls of whatever you thought should be moved. Which would be much more constructive and actually seem as if you were trying to help, rather than annoy.

Bumping 20 or so old posts is spamming. Period.

Tell you what. When you're willing to do the work YOU can decide the best way to do it.

Since *I* did all the work, I get to decide what helps best and what is most likely to make it easy for a moderator to move them.

I moderate a forum with much higher traffic than this and know that it is a lot easier to move threads that are bumped and near each other rather than copying and pasting 30 URLs.

Now how about you stop making off topic flame posts and instead try posting on topic.

Instead of criticising me, how about you try to do something constructive like I have been.

Last edited by Threshold on Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:26 am
Krilik

I don't think anyone beisides YOU found it as a problem.

Since you were already copying the links already, why not just post them.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:28 am