Register Profile PM's Login/Out
Wizard Only Equipment
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath General Discussion

Author Thread
Kaelon

Wizard Only Equipment  Reply with quote  

Hi, Gang,

Girlfriend and I are playing Champions of Norrath and absolutely love it! Amazing job and superbly done.

So, my girlfriend, who plays a Shadowknight, has gotten some nice upgrades as of late ("True" series of armor), and my Wizard is basically stuck at Farwater armor (tunic, leggings, gloves, and helm), and we've been trudging through medium-level difficulty. Though True Armor has a Level 19 requirement, my Farwater armor is Level 9 unique armor -- and it's still been dropping periodically.

Do Wizards have some unique armor to look forward to after Farwater armor? If so, what are they called, and where have you found them?

Thanks!

Kaelon
Level 20 Erudite Wizard
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:26 pm
Zeriax

You found the helm? I have the Boots, Gloves, and Pants. I am still looking for the Helm and Tunic.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:42 pm
Kaelon

Zeriax - Yeah, the helm looks really freaky! Smile I found it in the Greater Faydark on Courageous.

Where'd you find the boots?

I love the look. I think it looks insanely flamboyant!
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:35 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

On my multiplayer game with my friends we found the True Helm late in act II on easy difficulty. We obviously can't use it yet but it's there alright.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:11 am
Vileblack

I have found the Farwater Tunic, Pantaloons (they are hot pink), Hat (look like i am wearing a giant shell on my head), and Boots.

Honestly, as cool as the other characters look our Farwater gear is really silly looking. My character doesn't look so much like a wizard. Actually he looks somewhat mentally ill. Laughing
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:49 am
unreality

I just found a wizard only staff, it looks like it has some pretty good stats, and it's about level 33 i think....not positive, but i'm saving it for when i go online for any wizard who wants it...
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:37 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Billy

With my Cleric I've found some pretty damn good items for the wizard. I wish I kept them because my wizard is now level 7 and in need of some of them. heh heh.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:45 am
handerhank

My level 34 wizard found a pair of bile drenched gloves in the medium difficulty. They are listed as wizard only. Not sure if they belong to a set or not, but most items seem to.

I've found tons of good staves, including one limited to level 50 wizards.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:54 pm
btutterrow

I have found half-a-dozen wizard only weapons through teh course of the game. Some REALLY nice staffs and rods. I haven't found very much armor for them tho. What REALLY stinks is that my main is a cleric and I can NEVER find any good cleric-only armor, and very few cleric-only weapons. WE CLERICS HAVE BEEN ROBBED! Smile
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:04 pm
skel

Ok you want yello named items this is what to do, this also gets you exp but it could be considered a cheat.

Most bosses drop yellow items. I have had the best luck with the spider queen shilox(spelling? and the vampire dood. They seem to drop randomly.

(im sure most of you know this trick but for those that dont......)
So right before fighting these guys, SAVE, lets call it save 1.
Now go beat down the boss and take his goods. Now Save it again, this time in a different save spot, we will call save 2

Now load save game 1 and import your character from save 2, fight the boss and save over Save 2 again. RINSE REPEAT AND COLLECT ITEMS AND EXP Smile
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:28 pm