Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
ANT QUEEN ON COURAGEOUS
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > Champions of Norrath Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
Aaeamas Springleaf the RA

ANT QUEEN ON COURAGEOUS  Reply with quote  

I need help with the Ant Queen on Courageus! I beat her on Adventourus but cant seem to kill her on courageous...Anyone got any tips?
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:41 pm
Garthak

the ant queen is easy to get stuck u just need to clear the ants that come out of the walls on the right side o her cave.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:27 pm

Yuh... I just beat her... The trick is to get near her egg sack thats layin there and she'll get stuck or either she wont come past it...then just keep usin range attacks (in my case arrows) and kill her. THNX
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:05 am
haloboycs

hehheh on my first two game, i used pillar for escaping queen's attack, but 3rd game (Champion) DIDNT have any pillar, it took me a while to find a way to kill queen ant.

what i did on champion is bring alot arrows, then, run far away that ant queen wont come to u, (and work on killing all ants).. and then pull out your bow, (make sure ant queen is not on your screen) and guess every direction you r shooting (BUT STAAAY AWAY, make sure you are not seeing her).. when your arrow hit ant queen and noticed her health blinking (and lowered hp).. stay at that direction and keep shooting, she never come up to you.

she's pain in butt, worst than orc leader/Innorruk heh.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:46 pm

Easiest way I found is get near her egg sac she detaches from herself then when she walks up to it she either gets stuck or wont come next to it... THEN just keep filling her up with Arrows or if ur not a ranger and dont use bow then just keep using some kind of ranged attack till she dies...Also not many of her worker ants will come to you i only had to deal with about 3...
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:59 pm
Mindcircus

...  Reply with quote  

I find circling around the fire beetles the easiest way. She can't catch you and you just shoot arrows when you have the chance. Round and round you go...
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:56 am
silverleaf

Actually I just stand in the entrance with range weapons ready and just block when she attacks. You have to plan ahead and get high poison resistance preferably 100 per cent. She will signal when she plans to attack after the first attack and just switch to melee weapons to block remembering to turn if she comes behind you for you can't block from behind. Then switch to range and shoot her once she retreats. The ranger with the increased critical aura is extremely dangerous in this situation and finishes the ant queen quickly. The advantage of not moving is that her minions will not attack you as well. Remember also that the drones behind you will attack you if you are backed up but usually the place where you start is just fine. With the cleric just block and the ant queen will go to the side. Then kill all the minions on one side and in the area the ant queen isn't. Pull the ant queen and then use hammer of wrath running around one of the little pillars. Good luck and best wishes.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:41 pm
Thurond

i agree with silverleaf but if u have no poison resistance just bring lots of health potions and block when the queen attacks. the poison doesnt hurt that much ne way

A champion shall be forever challenged!!!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:58 pm
fireicedarklight

whats ur best rangers? mines lvl 41
Our site-www.freewebs.com/fadwyer
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:39 am
Liggur

My SK had 104% Poision resist Smile

But on 2 player, we killed all smaller ants first, avoiding the queen when she came in to show us who was boss. Cleric nuked, and I used Engulfing dark and arrows. If she starts chasing you..run and the other char can nuke from range.....Ive yet to get that far single player yet (gulp!) Confused
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:29 pm
TornadoError404

Best way I found to beat her is to run into one of the corners kill all the ants in that specific corner run up close enough to the queen so that if she attacks she won't hit you and then run back to that empty corner and run loops around the light bug hitting the queen when you catch up to her rear end. it's time consuming and be careful she will change directions every once in a while but this is the easiest way to beat her. Oh I almost forgot shoot arrows or magic projectiles at her don't run up and hit her unless your equiped with a weapon that does alot of damage and can figure out her attack timing without dying. Might be a good idea to go buy alot of healing and mana potions I guarantee you'll need 'em.... Good luck
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:30 am