Home
Games News Company Info Jobs Forums
Contact
FAQ Search Groups Members
Register Profile PM's Login/Out
The max level!
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Snowblind Studios > BG: Dark Alliance Gameplay, Tips & Tricks (Spoilers!)

Author Thread
LeBurns

The max level!  Reply with quote  

Well after beating the game a dozen times I decided to do a little cheating and have some fun. I used the 'god mode' and beat the gaunlet. Then I played extreme mode, cheats on, and gated my level 1 character to the white dragon lair. Luckily there was a decent weapon in one of the chest. I still had to beat on this wyrm for about 20 minutes. When it finially died I leveled, and leveled, and leveled. It finally stopped at 40th level! WOOT! I couldn't believe it went that far.

Then I tried playing a normal setting game at extreme mode with my 40th level character. I was still in chapter 1 when I started dying! These creatures are super tough! The soceress is be far at an extreme disadvantage. While the dwarf can now find some +15 STR rings and such to help with damage, the sorc spells still do the same damage as before. So when one lightness ball might kill a bunch of goblins in one hit, it now takes 10! Not good.
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:27 pm
paragonbelial

huh? with maxed out ball lightning it'll take out all the regular monsters in all 3 acts in in 2-4 shots granted you put some distance between yourself and them (effectively increasing the duration and area of effect). extreme mode is much easier with the sorc then with the dwarf or the archer.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:53 am
LeBurns

quote:
Originally posted by paragonbelial
huh? with maxed out ball lightning it'll take out all the regular monsters in all 3 acts in in 2-4 shots granted you put some distance between yourself and them (effectively increasing the duration and area of effect). extreme mode is much easier with the sorc then with the dwarf or the archer.

No, the damage done by the spell does not increase based on the difficulty you are playing at. So while all the monsters hps jump way up, you're doing the same damage you were doing on other levels of difficulty.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:23 am
Billy

Still, Ball Lightning is the most powerful skill (overpowered) and makes the game very easy on extreme.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:28 pm
Vendetta

quote:
Originally posted by LeBurns
No, the damage done by the spell does not increase based on the difficulty you are playing at. So while all the monsters hps jump way up, you're doing the same damage you were doing on other levels of difficulty.

Yes, but you're guaranteed at least 250-300 damage per casting, Although if there are multiple targets that will split between them, and some 'distractions' that attract streams can reduce it (contact with the ball does nothing, only the streams of lightning coming off it). You can also use it on lined up targets to fully damage all of them in one casting, making it a stupidly powerful corridor cleaner. Plus at 12 points of damage per mana spent it's about the most efficient spell when fully levelled.
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:00 pm